Late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi funded Buhari’s 2011 presidential bid–Asari Dokunboh, Ex-Niger Delta Volunteer force, NDVF New York[RR]Libya-Abuja–Late Libyan strongman, Mouhmar Ghaddafi funded the Presidential elections of General Muhammadu Buhari, leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC, during the 2011 Presidential Elections, Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokuboh has said. He named Sule Armah and Buba Galadima […]
New York[RR]Libya-Abuja–Late Libyan strongman, Mouhmar Ghaddafi funded the Presidential elections of General Muhammadu Buhari, leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC,
during the 2011 Presidential Elections, Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokuboh has said.
He named Sule Armah and Buba Galadima who are current leaders of APC and close associates of the retired General as those who visited Ghaddafi and got funding for the Buhari’s Presidential campaign.
Dokuboh who berated President Jonathan over his comment that Nigeria would have been in turmoil if General Buhari had been killed during the recent Kaduna bomb blast, challenged the United U.S Security Agencies to investigate his allegation.
“In March 2010, I was a guest of Maummar Gaddafi. He told me that Sule Armah and Buba Galadima were in Libya ahead of the 2011 elections. Gaddafi told me that he had been funding Buhari’s elections in the past.
“I want the Department of State Security to investigate if these names I have mentioned were not in Libya during the period I am talking about.”
The Leader of Niger-Delta Peoples Volunteers Force, said the allegations that he paid mastermind of the Kaduna blast N5 Million to carry the dastardly act is unfounded. He said the allegation is aimed at tarnishing his image.
He said it was wrong for President Jonathan to place General Buhari’s life ahead of over 80 Persons that died at the blast. “I do not work for Jonathan. What the President said was wrong. The life
of Buhari is not more important than 87 people that died in that blast. It is unfortunate that the President made such a statement. I wonder why the President will be promoting one person above other Nigerians.
“That statement from the President was very unfortunate. I do not have the capacity to tell the President to apologize, but I still insist that he should not have made such a statement,” Dokubo-Asari told journalists on Tuesday in Abuja.”
According to him, “Soon after the blast, a cross-gender person came out and was arrested. Even the mother of the person arrested said he was insane. Social media reports said I gave them N5m to carry out the attack. These things are masterminded. The first one is against President Jonathan and the other one is against me.
“I did not pay anybody to carry out any assassination attempt on Buhari. I do not have anything against him. He is not a threat. He will fail in 2015. For the records, I do not operate a Twitter account and anyone saying I tweeted that there would be more attacks is only using my name.” Asari said those attacking him are afraid of the role he is going to play during the 2015 general elections and are bent on silencing him.
“They want to silence me because they know the role I will play in 2015. They have also sponsored reports in Benin Republic that I am the person financing Boko Haram. Another Islamic scholar also said I am the one sponsoring Boko Haram to destroy the North on behalf of President Jonathan,” Asari said.
Credit: Asari Dokunboh,